View Mobile Version
Home

Clubbing in Dublin Irish Times article

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/weekend/2012/0218/1224311952256.html

That una mullaly is a fuckin twat

Leave her at it. No one that's has any cop on will give it any credence. Sure I couldn't be arsed reading beyond the 1st paragraph

The real tragedy is tghat its published in a "broadsheet"

Some of the points are ok, though not exactly eye-opening. I didn't find out any new info. It's the standard of writing that really amazes me though. Words like 'epic' and 'cutting edge' should have no place in a serious article, particularly one in the Irish Times.

It's anecdote passed off an opinion piece with authority, and to what end anyway? Bleakness wrapped in pessimism. Do people really want to read such depressing stories? Irish Times has fallen far.

Anyone who takes this article to heart clearly has no knowledge of the dance music scene in this country. Mullally, as a journalist, is poor in vocabulary, however it is mostly opinion, as she has no experience or knowledge of the dance music scene in general. It's not even "groundbreaking" journalism, she's not stating anything that our friends or ourselves haven't discussed at some point. What bothers me the most is the idea that she has that with Pod closing, that's it, dance music is fucked. Mullally herself was there on Saturday in the Pepper, to see the Moths gig, probably her best mate Nialler9 told her about it, I would have loved to have seen her downstairs when TR One were kicking off, or better yet, I'd love to see her at Weatherall, Klock and Dettman later on this year, and understand that night clubs that are predominately dedicated to dance music are actually doing quite well. In short, she's shite at writing and she knows fuck all.

EvNiC said:

Anyone who takes this article to heart clearly has no knowledge of the dance music scene in this country. Mullally, as a journalist, is poor in vocabulary, however it is mostly opinion, as she has no experience or knowledge of the dance music scene in general. It's not even "groundbreaking" journalism, she's not stating anything that our friends or ourselves haven't discussed at some point. What bothers me the most is the idea that she has that with Pod closing, that's it, dance music is fucked. Mullally herself was there on Saturday in the Pepper, to see the Moths gig, probably her best mate Nialler9 told her about it, I would have loved to have seen her downstairs when TR One were kicking off, or better yet, I'd love to see her at Weatherall, Klock and Dettman later on this year, and understand that night clubs that are predominately dedicated to dance music are actually doing quite well. In short, she's shite at writing and she knows fuck all.

Served.

As said above, the Irish Times has fallen very far indeed. The shit they publish these days is risible. This is just the latest in a long line of articles that read as ill informed opinion pieces passed off as journalism. I hope they're not actually paying these writers, they'd get better stuff from TY students on work experience.