- Life and Primavera Instagram Feeds
- Bodytonic Podcast: The Analogue Cops
- Festival Fit: Monegros
- OMD Play Vicar Street - Ticket Comp!
- Four Heroes: Nubian Mindz
- In No Particular Order: Sean Johnston's Tracks That Made A.L.F.O.S.
- FirstSecond Label releases second compilation
- Bodytonic Podcast: Luke Howard (Horse Meat Disco)
Classic label continues back catalogue adentures.
After reissuing remastered versions of some of its classic albums and commissioning remixes of a selection of its greatest hits, R+S's new management have come up with another spin on what do to with the extensive back catalogue: 'In Order To Edit'. Optimo's JD Twitch has been handed the keys to the vault with permission to edit whatever he wants.
It was a task the Glaswegain relished: “For some people it had been Stax or Motown or West End or Prelude or DJ International... For me, around the age of 20, it was R&S records. I was smitten. Hook, line and sinker. There was a period from '89 to '92 that I would get my weekly R&S fix from my local import store and had so much confidence in the greatness of the label that I would buy without listening. Those 12" singles from Belgium were constantly pushing the envelope and literally reinventing the language of techno and rave music week by week.”
No tracklisting has surfaced, but an early taster did the rounds recently in the shape of a slick refix of 20HZ's 'Capricorn'. The album is out in April.
Please register or login to post comments.