- Bodytonic Podcast: The Analogue Cops
- Festival Fit: Monegros
- OMD Play Vicar Street - Ticket Comp!
- Four Heroes: Nubian Mindz
- In No Particular Order: Sean Johnston's Tracks That Made A.L.F.O.S.
- FirstSecond Label releases second compilation
- Bodytonic Podcast: Luke Howard (Horse Meat Disco)
- Festival Fit: EXIT
Octavius - Laws
Avant-garde electronics from LA...
Octavius' press describe his music as "Glacial, barren and difficult" which it may seem when you first start to listen to it, but once you get stuck into Laws you realise there's a whole lot more to it, particularly strong echoes of soul and hip hop. Part of Octavius's mission statement is to make music that is both complex and accessible, and Laws pull this off.
The record is dominated by fractured electronics, beats, vocals and produced with a raw edge. If you only have time for one track check 0, How I Have Sinned.
Please register or login to post comments.