- Walls are back with Sound Houses
- Bodytonic at SXSW 2014
- Sonar 2014 Update - 50 More Acts Confirmed
- Interview: The Hardcore Priests of Yemen
- Bodytonic Podcast: Adultrock
- The Beatyard #9 on Smash
- Adultrock - Chants
- Sonar go Nordic & Announce round #2 for Barca
Bodytonic Podcast: Music & Memories - 10 Years of Bodytonic
Bodytonic, a motley bunch of promoters, artists, DJs, designers and chancers, will be celebrating 10 years in the music & media game with two subtle (or not so so subtle) parties across the weekend of 22 & 23 September.
Kicking off at our all encompassing social hub The Twisted Pepper on Saturday 22 with a bash combining some of the best of our clubs nights, collectives & friends including POGO, Backlash, Mud, Mr Jones & Junior Spesh. On Sunday 23 it's over to our original HQ - The Bernard Shaw to continue celebrations with a heap of residents from our Stereotonic/Scribble/12Sundays & Discotonic camps. No international guests, no fanfares, simply two parties with all our friends & family, old & new to cheer to 10 years & many more to come.
Rather than paraphrasing our entire history we thought it easiest to pull out some pivotal moments from the last decade:
2000-02 - Bodytonic is born out of the exasperation of Trev O'Shea (aka Tayor) in not being able to get any DJ slots around Dublin, and so he decides to run his own parties with fellow friends & DJs. Hosting various one-offs in different venues around the city, some successful, some not and all whilst not knowing all that lay ahead for the years to come.
2003 - 3 key parties really launch Bodytonic into the public domain: Derrick Carter at The Redbox (our first big club show); sneaky Beach Party at Redrock Howth, and launching Bodytonic as a weekly house club every Friday at Wax.
2004 - Our longest running & biggest clubnight POGO launches at POD; we wet our feet with the festival world by hosting the Bodytonic arena at the first Electric Picnic; and Jacques Lu Cont plays our weekly Thursday club Backlash, selling out in advance & putting the night on the map for years to come.
2005 - we host, and fill, our first off-Sonar party in Barcelona; Laurent Garnier headlines our arena at The Electric Picnic; the 'Live' room opens at POGO allowing us to move into the world of booking live music; we open our first office (in the spare room of Trev's apartment).
2006 - we open our first venue The Bernard Shaw (Switch & Diplo play a secret after-party until 9am); our new office goes above the pub; We succeed in booking Carl Craig to play Wax (tiny club, big name!); Klaxons play their first Irish gig at POGO; first BT Footie Tournament.
2007 - The Ting Tings & Friendly Fires play their first Irish shows at POGO two weeks apart; Kormac releases his, and our, debut EP 'Scratch Marchin' on our Scribble label; first trip to Lake of Stars festival in Africa.
2008 - The Twisted Pepper opens it's doors (our biggest venture to date), Villagers play both his own & The Twisted Pepper's first live gig; Fabio announces live on BBC Radio 1 that The Twisted Pepper is one of the best clubs he's ever played; Marcel Dettman and Ben Klock play for us & become BT favs; Fish Go Deep celebrate 20 years in our arena at EP.
2009 - Bodytonic host a night at Berlin's legendary Berghain club; The Twisted Pepper is in DJ Mag's Top 100 clubs in the World; 3FE Coffee Shop launches within the Twisted Pepper (fronted by World Barista Champion Colin Harmon); with NF crew, curate and run the Airbound festival in Croatia; legendary hip-hop star Q-Tip of A Tribe Called Quest DJs in the TP courtesy of Choicecuts.
2010 - Kormac release his, and our, debut album 'Word Play' and plays at Glastonbury; The Beatyard festival launches; The Big Blue Bus Pizza opens in the Bernard Shaw; Raver Cottage begins (growing our own mint for our cocktails)
2011 - Elastic Witch Music Store & The Boxcutter Barbershop launch at The Twisted Pepper; The Beatyard Video is featured on RTE; We open our music studio & Mark Zuckerberg has a night out in the Twisted Pepper
2012 - Banter guests include Nile Rogers & Bill O'Herlihy; Kormac's Big Band sell out shows all round Ireland & play main stage at both Electric Picnic & Body & Soul; The Twisted Pepper Rum Bar Opens...
2022 ?...we'll get back to you!
- Earth Wind & Fire - Lets Groove [ Black Gold ]
- Presence - Better Day (Vocal Mix) [ Pagan ]
- Salif Keita - Madan (Martin Solveig Remix ) [ Mixture ]
- Parris Mitchell feat. Waxmaster - Ghetto Shoutout [ Dance Mania ]
- Metro Area - Miura [ Environ ]
- Metro Area - Atmosphere [ Environ ]
- Mari Boine - Vuoi Vuoi Me (Henrik Schwarz Remix) [ K7 ]
- Louie Austen - Hoping ( Herberts High Hoping Dub ) [ Cheap ]
- Inland Knights - Slummin It [ Amenti ]
- Lawnchair Generals - One Thing [ Westbound ]
- Amerie - One Thing [ Not On ]
- The Dells - Get On Down ( Theo Parrish Edit ) [ Not On ]
- Willie Hutch - Brothers Gonna Work It Out [ Motown ]
- Motor City Drum Ensemble - Raw Cuts 3 [ Faces ]
- Motor City Drum Ensemble - Raw Cuts 1 [ Faces ]
- Kerri Chandler - Atmosphere ( Lost Dubs ) [ Ibadan ]
- Nathan Fake - The Sky Was Pink ( Icelandic Version ) [ Border Community ]
- The MFA - The Difference It Makes ( Superpitcher Remix ) [ Kompakt Pop ]
- MANDY v Booka Shade - Oh Superman [ Get Physical ]
- Telex - Moskow Diskow ( Carl Craig Remix ) [ SSR ]
- Joy Orbison - Hyph Mngo [ Hotflush ]
- Tr One - Bomby [ Bodytonic / POGO ]
- New Jackson - The Nightmail [ Bodytonic / POGO ]
- Scribble Sound System - Stay Focused [ Bodytonic / Scribble ]
- Kormac feat. Irvine Welsh - Another Screen [ Bodytonic / Scribble ]
Please register or login to post comments.