Bodytonic TV: Ellen Allien Interview
Ellen Allien is a Berliner through and through. It's a point of reference for everything she does, be it with her fashion label, her music label or her own music. We met Ellen at the famous Watergate club: a club that sits overlooking the old border between East and West Berlin.
This year alone, Ellen has remixed for both Beck and Thom Yorke and Modeselektor, who she signed, are touring Japan with Radiohead. Her Orchestra of Bubbles record with Apparat is one of the finest collaborations to come out of Germany. That was two years ago. We asked her and fingers crossed, we won't have to wait too long for Orchestra of Bubbles 2.
Ellen's October chart.
- mastafaktor /THERE THE WIND BLOWS /mina records
- franklin costa / rollergirl / curl
- modeselektor / björk rmx for boys/
- skinnerbox + elle p. /tricks.rmx sbx/ doxa
- dj mujava/ township funk / warp
- snuff crew / god / nature
- arto/ mwambe/ouverture antenne /une seulenuit -mix danse /brontosaurus
- rework / reworks chelsea remix / playhouse
- jark pronogo / m-tech /artless
- lee van dowski/ b / memo
Photo by Axl Jansen; Interview by Mano Le Tough
For more on Ellen click here
Please register or login to post comments.